The following position is currently open:
Martin ArtQuest Facilitator
The Martin ArtQuest Facilitator is responsible for the support of self-directed learning and art making experiences by visitors of all ages in the Martin ArtQuest Gallery, the Frist Center for the Visual Arts’ interactive gallery. Responsibilities include maintaining the successful daily functioning of the space and all components – art making and technological. The Martin ArtQuest Facilitator uses the highest level of interpersonal and communication skills to demonstrate excellent and outstanding customer service and volunteer relations. Evening and weekend hours are required, as well as administrative holidays.
The following duties are normal for this classification. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work directly with the Assistant Director for Experiential Learning to support the implementation of activities and stations in the Martin ArtQuest Gallery;
• Facilitate positive self-directed learning and art making experiences for intergenerational learners;
• Model excellent and outstanding customer service and volunteer relations;
• Monitor, assess, evaluate, and make adjustments to the interactive gallery to provide a safe learning environment for visitors of all ages;
• Ensure the safety of the original works of art;
• Organize supplies and keep stocked at all times, including the literature rack; prepare and distribute art making supplies efficiently and economically; coordinate supply list with other MAQ facilitators;
• Maintain all technology components in Martin ArtQuest Gallery;
• Maintain Martin ArtQuest Gallery in a clean and orderly fashion throughout the day;
• Gain knowledge and understanding of upcoming exhibitions through attendance at docent trainings and walk-throughs in support of related Martin ArtQuest Gallery activities and education programs;
• Work with co-workers to properly staff Martin ArtQuest Gallery at all times;
• Supervise volunteers in their support of Martin ArtQuest Gallery and their interaction with the public, and assist with training and provide daily support to them; review volunteer training manual regularly;
• Maintain regular and open communication regarding daily operations of Martin ArtQuest Gallery with Assistant Director of Experiential Learning and members of the Martin ArtQuest team;
• Accept projects as assigned by supervisor;
Education: Bachelor's Degree in education, art education, or studio art preferred.
Work Experience: One to two years experience in a school or museum environment or relevant experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work directly with casual museum visitors, teachers, and students;
• Ability to contribute creatively in a team-oriented workplace;
• Flexible and adaptable to working in a dynamic and changing work environment;
• Knowledge and experience in current computer hardware and software, and art materials and resources;
• Strong time management skills and organizational skills;
• Ability to prioritize tasks, make informed decisions, and trouble-shoot in a dynamic environment;
• Ability to communicate effectively via verbal and electronic interaction;
• Ability to work effectively with public and staff on a personal level, with tact and diplomacy;
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Demands may include:
• Lifting materials up to 25 pounds.
• Stooping, bending, kneeling
• Standing for long periods of time.
• Working at computer for long periods of time.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Frist Center for the Visual Arts will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Interested candidates should send their resume, references and salary requirements to:
Frist Center for the Visual Arts
Nashville, Tennessee 37203
Attention: Sheri Horn, Human Resources Manager
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Frist Center will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
The Frist Center for the Visual Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.