Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at the Frist Center for the Visual Arts.
The Frist Center only accepts resumes for open positions.
Food Service Worker (Temporary, on-call, non-exempt, Nashville Talent Payment)
Work Summary: Takes Café food and beverage orders and prepares the order(s) by performing the following duties.
Nashville Talent Payment is the employer of record for this temporary, on-call position.
• Pre-opening and prepares Cafe for daily food and beverage sales/service activity to include: re-stocking supplies, display and coordination of prepared foods, maintains refrigerated display units.
• Provides excellent customer service by assisting guests with questions regarding food or service.
• Distributes order tickets/calls out hot orders to kitchen staff.
• Prepare food and beverage orders
• Operates POS register system, (credit card and cash transactions, collects vouchers for service) and keeps record of transactions.
• Performs daily food service checklist duties to maintain operating standards and cleaning and sanitation criteria.
• Follow and uphold all food safety and handling procedures required by government and Frist standards;
• Assists kitchen staff with food and beverage preparation.
• Café visual presentation maintenance: dining room busing, cleaning of tables and chairs; service items & equipment maintenance;
• Performs additional duties as needed to support food service and special events.
Education/Work Experience: High School or College preferred with at least one year of experience in food sales and service fields. Computer skills desired.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent customer service skills within food services;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Excellent organizational and production skills;
• Ability to anticipate problems and implement solutions;
• Ability to successfully operate POS system and Food Service equipment;
• Ability to work cooperatively in a collaborative, team-oriented environment;
Job Conditions: This position may require evening and weekend hours. Work hours are no more than 15-20 per week.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Demands may include:
• Lifting materials up to 25 pounds.
• Stooping, bending, kneeling
• Standing for long periods of time.
• Working at computer for long periods of time.
To be considered for the Food Service Worker position:
Complete a Frist Center application at the Frist Center Café, 919 Broadway, and Nashville, TN 37203
The Frist Center for the Visual Arts seeks exceptional individuals whose talent and expertise supports our vision and mission. If you are interested in applying for an available position, and meet the required qualifications, please submit your resume, salary requirements, and references to:
Frist Center for the Visual Arts
Attn: Human Resources Department
Nashville, TN 37203
An equal opportunity employer, the Frist Center offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short and long-term disability, long-term care, paid-time off, and holidays.
Employment is contingent upon passing a background check and reference checks.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Frist Center will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.