Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at the Frist Center for the Visual Arts.
The Frist Center only accepts resumes for open positions.
Graphic Designer (Full-time, Exempt)
This position is responsible for the design and implementation of exhibition-related environmental graphics, as well as a wide-range of institutional collateral and print materials. The graphic designer works closely with the exhibition designer and curator to establish the graphic identity of each exhibition, which is translated to the various graphic elements of the exhibition.
Essential Job Functions:
• Design graphic elements for exhibitions, which may include banners, text panels, object labels, and photographic murals
• Design print materials, which may include invitations, gallery guides, catalogues, posters, brochures, flyers, and posters
• Participate in collaborative planning and design development processes
• Solicit and evaluate multiple quotes from outside vendors, contractors and printers
• Manage project development and production schedules
• Participate in departmental budgeting
• Tracking of project expenses compared to budget
• Work effectively with volunteers and interns
• Coordinate projects with outside contract designers when necessary
• Build consensus across different departments and outside curators for cohesive design programs
Education: Bachelor degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or equivalent.
Work Experience: Must have a minimum of three years of experience in museum exhibition graphic design and production.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent skill in developing, planning, and implementing high quality graphics
• Strong portfolio demonstrating design work in a variety of areas
• Strong page layout and typographical skill
• Knowledge of printing techniques, including offset, digital, and large scale output and on-press supervision
• Be versed in both digital and photographic techniques and their utilization in printing production
• Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (In Design, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to contribute creatively in a team-oriented workplace
• Ability to comfortably manage a broad array of projects
• Excellent work-flow organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Detail and precision oriented
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Demands may include:
• Lifting materials up to 25 pounds
• Stooping, bending, kneeling
• Standing for long periods of time
• Working at computer for long periods of time
Food Service Worker (Temporary, On-call, Nashville Talent Payment)
Work Summary: Takes Café food and beverage orders and prepares the order(s) by performing the following duties.
Nashville Talent Payment is the employer of record for this temporary, on-call position.
• Pre-opening and prepares Cafe for daily food and beverage sales/service activity to include: re-stocking supplies, display and coordination of prepared foods, maintains refrigerated display units.
• Provides excellent customer service by assisting guests with questions regarding food or service.
• Distributes order tickets/calls out hot orders to kitchen staff.
• Prepare food and beverage orders
• Operates POS register system, (credit card and cash transactions, collects vouchers for service) and keeps record of transactions.
• Performs daily food service checklist duties to maintain operating standards and cleaning and sanitation criteria.
• Follow and uphold all food safety and handling procedures required by government and Frist standards;
• Assists kitchen staff with food and beverage preparation.
• Café visual presentation maintenance: dining room busing, cleaning of tables and chairs; service items & equipment maintenance;
• Performs additional duties as needed to support food service and special events.
Education/Work Experience: High School or College preferred with at least one year of experience in food sales and service fields. Computer skills desired.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent customer service skills within food services;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Excellent organizational and production skills;
• Ability to anticipate problems and implement solutions;
• Ability to successfully operate POS system and Food Service equipment;
• Ability to work cooperatively in a collaborative, team-oriented environment;
Job Conditions: This position may require evening and weekend hours. Work hours are no more than 15-20 per week.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Demands may include:
• Lifting materials up to 25 pounds.
• Stooping, bending, kneeling
• Standing for long periods of time.
• Working at computer for long periods of time.
To be considered for the Food Service Worker position:
Complete a Frist Center application at the Frist Center Café, 919 Broadway, and Nashville, TN 37203
The Frist Center for the Visual Arts seeks exceptional individuals whose talent and expertise supports our vision and mission. If you are interested in applying for an available position, and meet the required qualifications, please submit your resume, salary requirements, and references to:
Frist Center for the Visual Arts
Attn: Human Resources Department
Nashville, TN 37203
An equal opportunity employer, the Frist Center offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short and long-term disability, long-term care, paid-time off, and holidays.
Employment is contingent upon passing a background check and reference checks.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Frist Center will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.