June 19–June 23, 2017
– 10:00 am
July 10–July 14, 2017
– 10:00 am
July 17–July 21, 2017
– 10:00 am
- June 19–June 23, 2017 – 10:00 am
- July 10–July 14, 2017 – 10:00 am
- July 17–July 21, 2017 – 10:00 am
2017 Summer Art Camp
Kids ages 5–10 are invited to discover a world of inspiration and creativity at Summer Art Camp! Classes encourage the use of imagination and self-expression, and develop critical thinking skills through artmaking. Weeklong sessions focus on the themes and ideas from Frist Center exhibitions and are led by experienced teaching artists. No previous artmaking experience is necessary, so come join the fun!
MY HOME, MY VOICE, MY ART
Ages 5 to 7 and 8 to 10
June 12–16 (SOLD OUT for ages 5 to 7)
June 19–23 (SOLD OUT for ages 5 to 7)
Find your artist’s voice by getting to know the contemporary American artists in the exhibitions State of the Art and Vadis Turner. Participants will explore themes of community, history, and identity in this camp while stretching the imagination by experimenting with new tools and unusual materials. Activities will be tailored to each age group.
IT’S ABSTRACT, IT’S ELECTRIC!
AGES 5 to 7 and 8 to 10
Get charged up by the dynamic patterns, colors, and images found in the exhibitions Ancestral Modern and Pattern Recognition. Using techniques seen in Australian Aboriginal art and contemporary video art, campers will expand their horizons through creative and unconventional methods of artmaking. Activities will be tailored to each age group.
Hurry! Space is limited and programs fill quickly. Registration now open (see below).
About our camps:
Frist Center art camps are unique because every summer offers new exhibitions and new opportunities to see world-class art! All camps are created by museum educators, taught by experienced teachers, and based on educational principles to help children see their world in new ways through art. Camps are designed to meet the needs of specific age ranges and developmental abilities. Participants must be the proper age before the first day of the session(s) they are to attend. Campers are divided into groups of 5 to 7 years and 8 to 10 years of age. New this year: all camp sessions are from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, with pre- and post-camp care available. Campers should dress for mess and come ready to make friends, make art, and have fun!
• Pre-camp care is available from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. for $25 each week.
• Post-camp care is available from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. for $25 each week.
Registration and fees:
• Registration now open.
• $310 per one-week session for members, $380 for non-members.
• Visit fristcenter.org/membership to become a member (the cost of a family membership is $75).
• A letter will be sent to confirm your child’s registration. If you do not receive a confirmation letter within two weeks after submitting the registration form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 615.744.3247.
• A limited number of Frist Summer Art Camp Scholarships are available through a recommendation and application process. Contact email@example.com for more information.
• Programs and dates are subject to change. The Frist Center reserves the right to cancel programs when necessary. Fees will be refunded under these circumstances.
June 12-June 16, 2017: My Home, My Voice, My Art ages 5-7
June 19-June 23, 2017 (Repeat Camp): My Home, My Voice, My Art ages 5-7
July 10-July 14, 2017: It’s Abstract, It’s Electric! ages 5-7
July 17-July 21, 2017 (Repeat Camp): It’s Abstract, It’s Electric! ages 5-7
June 12-June 16, 2017: My Home, My Voice, My Art ages 8-10
June 19-June 23, 2017 (Repeat Camp): My Home, My Voice, My Art ages 8-10
July 10-July 14, 2017: It’s Abstract, It’s Electric! ages 8-10
July 17-July 21, 2017 (Repeat Camp): It’s Abstract, It’s Electric! ages 8-10
• Camp sessions begin promptly at 10:00 a.m. All campers should be at the Summer Camp Check-In Station no later than 9:50 a.m.
• Campers will break for lunch each day around noon. Parents are to provide a non-refrigerated lunch and two non-refrigerated snacks each day.
• Camp sessions end at 4:00 p.m. Parents should pick up their child no later than five minutes after camp ends. A $2 per minute fee will be assessed for children picked up late.
Additional inquiries may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or 615.744.3247.
What parents are saying about the Frist Center’s Summer Art Camp:
“My child LOVED this camp and cannot wait to come back next year.”
“This camp is the one camp my daughter consistently requests to attend each summer--she LOVES it!”
“Absolutely fabulous! I am beyond amazed at the art work my daughter brought home and the knowledge she gained.”
“My son made friends & looked forward to camp every day. He loves math, was engaged all week. Great experience.”
“My daughter had the best time....she was hesitant the first day but came home every day telling me how much she loved it. She has already asked to come back next summer - great experience!! Thank you!
Great and meaningful program! Very well-run.”
“Very engaging. Enjoyed the emphasis on science and art together. I think the staff worked very hard to make it a wonderful experience for the kids.”
“Friendly staff, a great value, great communication, FABULOUS artwork!”